They bring smiles to our faces, or tears to our eyes, and sometimes both at the same time. Losing a loved one is devastating, but we have all been left with a special gift – our memories. They are often the only things we have left after that special person is gone. Though at times they may be painful to think about, with them, our loved ones remain a part of us forever.
This website was created to help you discover the healing power of your memories. Helen Keller said:
“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”
Take comfort in your memories, for they will indeed be a part of you forever.
What you can do on this site
If you are grieving a loss:
Remembering a Loved One – Feel a closeness to your loved one that through remembering, and hearing about the memories of others:
- Preserve your own memories
- Collect stories & memories from others
- Create an online memorial
- Find remembering activities for grieving children
- Create and print a memorial tribute book with memories about your loved one
Planning a Funeral – Make a funeral or memorial service more meaningful
- Find specific services by those who know that remembering and paying tribute is the most important thing you can do at this time
- Discover creative ways to honor the spirit and character of your loved one
If a friend is grieving a loss:
- Collaborate with friends to create a memorial book, a unique sympathy gift – The gift of memories is the most comforting gift you can give to a friend grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Memorial Gifts – Find simple but beautiful gifts you can give to grieving friends that will touch their lives.
- Words of Comfort – It’s hard to know what to say to a friend in grief – just being there is usually the best thing you can do, but find out more here.